The aim of the Danish Patent and Trademark Office (DKPTO) is to ensure that all patent applications filed with DKPTO have been given a first examination within 7.5 months and that the average time for finalising an application is 3.5 years.
We endeavour to ensure a quality of at least the same standard as the quality produced by other major patent authorities, including the European Patent Office (EPO).
The search strategy for patent applications is that two examiners are involved in the case processing of each application. The work performed by the examiner is checked in a peer review process by a colleague. Each year, a number of cases are selected at random for quality control checks to ensure that we can uphold quality.
The patent case processing is certified according to ISO 9001 in 2005.
Why choose Danish Patent and Trademark Office as receiving office?
• The quality of the search is high. This gives you a good indication of the chances of obtaining an international patent.
• We are able to provide you with a written opinion both in English and in Danish
• Our search tools are fully updated in accordance with EPO standards
• We have access to all the relevant databases
• It is possible to apply electronically and we are able to handle all communication electronically
• Our staff are highly dedicated and trained to handle minor questions by phone ensuring a smooth and time-saving process.
• Our staff are taken through an intensive training programme when first employed, and their qualifications are continuously being updated through internal as well as external courses
• We are able to process applications within all scientific disciplines.
Patent Prosecution Highways (PPH)
Patent Prosecution Highways (PPH) is an initiative that allows you to choose a much speedier processing of your patent application if another patent office has already performed a search and examination for the same invention.
>> Read more about PPH.
Accelerated Examination Search
- is an extended novelty search adapted to the guidelines of USPTO for an accelerated examination search. The search explores:
1. US granted patents and patent applications
2. Foreign patents and published applications
3. Non-Patent Literature
>> Read more about this search
Please contact our Customer Service Center on
Mon - Thursday 9H-16H (GMT+1).
Friday 9H-15H (GMT+1).
Tel: +45 4350 8301